There is a lot of anxiety and confusion relating the current Covid-19 epidemic. At APC, we are following CDC guidelines for distancing, handwashing, healthcare personal preventive equipment and thorough disinfection.
Containing and minimizing the viral outbreak is accomplished through isolation and minimizing contact. Patients and APC will operate on the following principles:
Ongoing Management and Treatment Of Chronic Pain Patients
- We will continue to treat patients on a 28-30 day cycle through the use of office visits and if required through telemedicine
- If you have a fever, cough, chills or are not feeling well please contact our office so that we may decide the best course of action to maintain your treatment plan.
- The following patients should avoid coming to our facility if they have traveled outside of the country or have taken a cruise within the last 14 days, or have known contact with an individual diagnosed or presumed to have COVID–19
- If your chronic pain symptoms and problems are stable your visit will be focused and rapid visit concentrating on the essential components of treatment.
- Upon arrival patients are recommended to use the outside bathroom to thoroughly wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer provided in the office.
- To minimize contact, patients are asked not to bring family members into the office. Family members should stay in their car and wait for the visit to be completed. Exceptions are for patients requiring assistance.
- APC staff will be diligent in monitoring their health daily and will not come to work if showing any flu symptoms. We will be monitoring staff temperatures daily.
- APC staff will use masks, appropriate personal protective equipment and wash hands and/or alcohol hands before and after all patient encounters.
- APC staff will practice enhanced cleaning with wipe down and disinfection of all contact surfaces and areas with hospital grade disinfection.
- Take your medications as prescribed. There will be no early refills for any reason!