April 2, 2020: COVID–19 Update
At Advanced Pain Consultants, your health and safety are our top priorities. As your healthcare partner, we understand the concern you may feel about COVID-19.
We are carefully following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations and guidelines to ensure your safety in our facilities.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 requires a global effort, and we all have a role to play.
Here’s what Advanced Pain Consultants is doing to keep you — and our greater community — safe:
- As recommended by the CDC, Advanced Pain Consultants is asking patients to evaluate their health status prior to your appointment or procedure and call our office in advance to reschedule if you have any flu or virus symptoms, including fever, respiratory illness, known contact with Covid-19, or have traveled to known Covid-19 hotspots.
- For patients who are confirmed for their procedure; our staff will be calling you a day or two ahead to review pre procedure information and your current health status. The day of your procedure our staff will also be taking your temperature.
- Our staff are using personal protective equipment to keep our patients and staff safe. We have instituted more frequent and thorough cleaning procedures and have all necessary supplies to keep you safe. Only individuals essential to treatment will be present during your visit.
We’re here for you:
- We are in the process of implementing telehealth visits. This may involve a video visit via computer or smart phone, a phone visit or an electronic message exchange with a review of your current status. We hope to have this option available within a week or two. In the meantime, we will continue to schedule in person office visits, with a few changes, to maintain appropriate social distancing and keep visits to the minimum necessary to meet your needs.
- Watch our website www.apcnopain.com for announcements on telehealth/virtual visits If you have questions or concerns about your upcoming appointment, please call our office to find out if a telehealth visit can be scheduled for you.
- As always, call our office if you need to speak to one of our clinical staff or if you need an in-person evaluation.
What you can do:
You can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the following:
- Practice social distancing and stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Always cover your cough or sneeze.
- Use disinfectant wipes to sanitize surfaces at home and work.
- Work from home when possible.
What should you do if you suspect you have COVID-19?
If you traveled recently to a known COVID-19 hotspot or have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient and are experiencing symptoms, please contact your primary care physician for further guidance. There are specific recommendations for care based on your symptoms.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation. At Advanced Pain Consultants, we are closely monitoring these developments and will continue to offer guidance.
In the meantime, please access the latest information from the following organizations:
We’re here for you during this difficult time. Please contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your trust and support.